Covid statement 2021.
If your booking cannot go ahead due to a government lockdown of the whole island of Ireland, we are happy to transfer your deposit, booking or any monies paid to another date. If you are still able to travel within Northern Ireland, although you may have booked to travel into Southern Ireland and the Irish government does not allow this, your booking is deemed still able to go ahead and therefore no deposit or monies will be repaid. We will try to accommodate you with alternate dates where availability allows.
This hire agreement is between the operator (6dLeisure Hire motor home hire) and the hirer, you.
YOUR CONTRACT WITH THE OPERATOR
By paying a deposit or taking the hire vehicle you are accepting these terms and conditions. Please read this agreement carefully. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with please ask 6d Leisure Hire. Once you have paid a deposit you are bound by our terms and conditions and your deposit is non refundable under any circumstances as we have held the vehicle for you.
BOOKING CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT
An initial payment of £200 per week is required to confirm the booking, this is non-refundable under any circumstances and enters you into a binding contract for the hire. The balance of your hire price is payable six weeks prior to the start date of your hire, or at the time of booking if you book less than six weeks from the start date of your hire. It is up to you as the hirer to contact 6D Leisure Hire 6 weeks or before your hire date to pay your balance. You must also contact us as soon as you have primary confirmation of your booking from us with credit or debit card details for the security of the booking. Your booking will only be fully confirmed once we have these. We have the right to cancel a booking at any time and of any notice, withholding any monies paid, if we do not have either the balance or the credit card details or both at least 6 weeks before your hire date.
Any documentation you are requested to provide by 6d Leisure Hire (driving license both paper and card part, two utility bills within 3 months and passport) must be received six weeks prior to the start date of your hire or within two days of booking if less than six weeks from the start date of your hire. Failure to provide full payment and documents as above will result in the booking being cancelled and the loss of your £200 deposit. Drivers must be aged between 23 and 70 years of age and have had a full driving licence valid for the relevant vehicle for at least two years prior to the commencement of the hire, with no more than 6 penalty points.
The price we quote for the hire will be for 1 driver only, additional drivers can be added for a surcharge of £10 per person per day and also must produce the same ID documents as main driver prior to hire.
Taking the motorhome abroad is allowed (7 day minimum hire -and mileage restrictions will apply) we must be notified at the time of booking.
100 miles are included per day in the cost of your motorhome hire when travelling to England and Europe. Any miles over 100 per day are chargeable at 0.50p per mile. Alternatively you can add a mileage bundle to your hire for £15 per day, allowing you unlimited mileage. This MUST be pre booked.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to 6dLeisure Hire, but please call 6dLeisure Hire immediately to inform them as this will improve the chances of re-hiring the motorhome. If notification of your cancellation is received more than six weeks before the start date of your hire you will be refunded in full less the initial deposit of £200. If notification of your cancellation is received less than six weeks before the start date of your hire all monies paid and due are not refundable and you are still liable for any sums not yet paid. However, 6dLeisure Hire will do all it can to re-hire the motorhome and if they are able to do so, you will be refunded up to a maximum of your total hire less your initial deposit of £200, subject to the amount 6dLeisure Hire is able to re-hire the motorhome for. An admin fee and card processing fee of £45 will be deducted from any cancellation amount refunded.
- COLLECTION AND DELIVERY TIMES
Unless otherwise agreed with 6dLeisure Hire, the motorhome will be available on the day of hire from the agreed location at a pre-arranged slot of either 1pm, 2 pm or 3pm and must be delivered back and unloaded to the agreed location no later than 11am on the last day of hire. Please allow 1 hour for handover of the vehicle on collection day and up to 1 hour on return of the vehicle for post inspection and for you to empty your belongings if needed. Vehicles must be returned clean, in the same condition as received on handover and with the toilet emptied, waste water emptied and a full tank of fuel, if this isn’t the case then a charge will be made. Sunday pick up and drop off will be charged at an extra £40.
- LATE RETURNS can have a significant impact on the next hire. If you fail to return the motorhome by 11am you will be liable to an extra charge fee of £50 per hour. This will be taken from the card used as security deposit. There are no refunds for motorhomes returned early. Should you require to return the motorhome after 11am, a pre-arranged later time may be possible subject to availability and advance pre booking only, charged at a half day hire up to 6pm. Bearing in mind vehicles need to be cleaned, maintained & ready for collection for the next hirer, hence an 11am latest return time, if you feel you may need extra time for your journey back to our base especially when travelling on longer journeys and including time to re-fuel then we advise booking an extra day’s hire at time of booking to guarantee the vehicle for the travelling time required and to avoid late return charges.
- EVENTS BEYOND THE OPERATOR’S CONTROL
Unfortunately, events beyond the motorhome operator’s control occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events in these Conditions of Hire, this means any event(s) or circumstance(s) which the motorhome operator could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
The motorhome operator can’t accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of your contract with the motorhome operator is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond the motorhome operator’s control. This includes any delays to and/or restrictions to your hire to which you may be subject. However, if your booking has to be cancelled as a result, 6dLeisure Hire, the motorhome operator will of course offer you the choice of an alternative motorhome (if available) or refund as described above. As with all holidays, we advise you take out travel insurance to cover such possibilities
- SUITABLE PERSONS
The motorhome operator has the right to refuse to hand over a motorhome to any person who, in the reasonable opinion of the motorhome operator, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, all hire charges will be lost by hirer and the motorhome operator has no further liability.
PETS – we welcome your pets. We however levy a charge of £40.00 per pet, per hire to cover the additional cleaning required. Pets must be declared at booking stage and only pets that we confirm are acceptable may be taken into our caravans. If you do not notify us that you will be bringing a pet and we feel that you have, a charge of £50 will be made to the card used for your security deposit to cover cleaning costs. Pets must never be left alone within our caravans. Any damage caused by your animals will be charged to you. In peak season the van must be returned back to us by 10am to allow us to deep clean it before the next guests pick it up.
The acceptance of smoking in the motorhome is NOT allowed, any infringement will incur a cleaning cost of £90. If we feel you have been smoking in any of our vans £90 will be deducted from your security deposit to cover cleaning.
- BED LINEN AND TOWELS
Bed linen and pillows are NOT provided with the motorhome as standard. We provide mattress protectors however we require you to use your own sheets on top of these. You must provide your own towels. If you specifically require these items or are travelling from aboard please enquire about availability. Price for hire £5 per towel and £40 for bedding (up to 5 people).
- RENTAL PERIOD
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement. If you do not bring the vehicle back on time before 11am you are breaking the conditions of this agreement and may invalidate the insurance
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. On return to our yard it is your responsibility to ensure you have handed the keys over to one of our representatives.
You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather which can cause damage. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel. You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges or low branches. (Vehicle measurements are shown under the drivers visor if you are unsure).
- You must ensure you check water and oil levels and watch guagues in the vehicle. If you feel the vehicle is not running properly, it is your responsibility to pull the vehicle over and contact us immediately. YOU MUST NOT DRIVE THE VEHICLE IF YOU THINK IT IS LOW IN WATER OR OIL.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts.
You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without the Operator’s permission.
If the operator does give you permission, you will only receive a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
- You must let the operator know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
- You must bring the vehicle back to the place agreed, at the time agreed and remain responsible for the vehicle until this time.
The operator must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition.
- You will have to pay for repairs if:
- The vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning) inc upholstery, furniture & floors
- You have damaged the vehicle, inside or out
- Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle. You are responsible for any loss or damage to the motorhome including that caused by neglect, misuse, accident or not your fault. If the hirer is found to have damaged the vehicle through negligence, and/or no other vehicle was involved, the hirer will be responsible for FULL RECTIFICATION COSTS. The items that are not covered by the insurance include; interior fitments, spills or damage to upholstery, front and rear bumper, overcab moldings, any part of the motorhome over 7ft, roof lights, windows, wing mirrors and external doors, vehicle engine, (other than wear and tear), incorrect fuel or fuel contamination, fuel in the fresh water system and running out of fuel, fresh water in the fuel system and all charges resulting from these points.
The hirer must ensure that all habitation windows are closed when travelling. Any damage to windows after the vehicle has left our yard will be charged accordingly for replacement and fitting.
CONDITIONS FOR USING THE VEHICLE
The vehicle must only be driven by you and any other driver named on the hire insurance policy, or by anyone else we authorise in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full valid driving licence. You or any other authorised driver must not:
- Use the vehicle for hire or reward;
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
- Drive on any roads/surface other than sealed tarmac or hardstanding/solid ground;
- Use the vehicle for racing, pace making, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive;
- Drive on beaches or bogged grass/fields or submerse in water or saltwater;
- Use the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Overload the vehicle;
- Carry on board any fireworks, corrosive or flammable products, gases and hazardous liquids;
- Hide or conceal any damage that has occurred by yourself to any part of the vehicle especially in instances where damage may not be instantly visibly obvious e.g undercarriage
Charges are based on the 6dLeisure Hire price list at the time of booking. You will be charged for:
- The rental and any other charges we work out according to this agreement.
- A charge for any loss or damage in future hires and to the motorhome including that caused by neglect, misuse, accident or not your fault, subject to the cover provided by the hire insurance.
- Any charge for loss or damage and future hires resulting from you not keeping to ‘Your Responsibilities.’
- You must empty the toilet cassette at the end of the hire period. There is a £30 charge for un-emptied cassettes. This will be automatically deducted from your security deposit
- A refueling service charge if you have used, and not replaced, more fuel than was supplied originally. The charge is based on the cost of the fuel plus £20.
- Gas is included, but should you need to replace an empty bottle during the course of your hire, this is your responsibility.
- All fines and costs (including court costs) for parking, tolls, traffic or other offences, congestion charges, (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped). You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay any costs and reasonable administration charges which arise when 6dLeisure Hire deal with these matters. This will automatically be deducted from your security deposit
- Any charges arising from Customs and Excise or Immigration Authorities seizing the vehicle, together with a loss-of-income charge while the Operator cannot rent out the vehicle, if and when 6dLeisure Hire demand this payment.
- Any published or agreed rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle
- Interest which will be added every day to any amount you do not pay on time, at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time.
- Value added tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate. You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
- Any other fees/charges inc costs incurred by 6dLeisure Hire as a result of breach of these terms & conditions.
- Daily rental period costs for loss of hire if a vehicle is off hire for accident repairs as a result of damage by you.
SECURITY EXCESS DEPOSIT.
- Security Bond (deposit) and Damage Limitation Waiver Option
A security/damage deposit of £1000 (UK hire and over 25) is payable 6 weeks before collection of the motorhome. Damage to the motorhome (externally or internally) will be deducted from this deposit to cover costs of repairs/fitments or the insurance claims excess as described in these terms and conditions. You agree that the excess deposit is pre authorised in full as a condition of hire, by Credit or debit Card as a holding deposit at time of collection of the vehicle. The deposit will only be retained by 6dLeisure Hire if, on return of the hire vehicle, it is found that damage or losses have been incurred. This may be held for a period of 3 months during peak season if the vehicle is booked out and we are unable to get a quote or repair due to continued hires. Although we do an inspection on return, some damage only becomes apparent when the vehicle is/has been cleaned. We will contact you and give you the option to return and view the damage before the next hire, alternatively we will send you pictures of the damage found. Your excess deposit will be held until repair is complete. In such an event, the deposit is retained by 6dLeisure Hire who will place it in its account until the claim or dispute is settled. The agreed amount for the repair/s or item/s will be kept by 6dLeisure Hire with the balance of the deposit (if any) refunded to you. The deposit is refunded within 7-10 working days when the vehicle is returned damage free in both instances.
You accept that 6dLeisure Hire is entitled to charge any credit or debit card used by you during the hire transaction for payment of the deposit or any other outstanding charges as per the terms and conditions of hire
- THE HIRE INSURANCE
The motorhome is insured for the period of the hire (except in the event of negligence) A copy of the insurance policy is available from 6dLeisure Hire on request.
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU BREAK DOWN
No responsibility can be accepted by 6dLeisure Hire for any loss or damage or expense of onward travel or accommodation which occurs as a result of any defect or breakdown unless it is due to a proven reason of the operator’s failure to adequately maintain the motorhome in a fit state and condition. If you do breakdown you should contact the breakdown service that covers the vehicle and inform your operator 6dLeisure Hire immediately – details in the vehicle passenger door.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT
No responsibility can be accepted by 6dLeisure Hire for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any accident. If you have an accident you must not admit responsibility. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also:
- Make the vehicle secure
- If appropriate and safe to do so take photographs
- Tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and
- Contact 6dLeisure Hire within 24 hours
You must produce an accident report sending one copy to 6dLeisure Hire, the form is provided in the vehicle. Assist 6dLeisure Hire in handling any claim that should arise
- WINDSCREENS AND TYRES
You are responsible for any damage to windscreens and windows, punctures or other damage to tyres during the period of the hire. Where possible it should be repaired or replaced as appropriate with genuine manufacturer’s parts, and paid for by you at the time. You should contact the operator to seek instructions before carrying out the repair. Failing this, an amount will be deducted from your deposit against damages for the cost of the repairs.
If you break the agreement we can give the information you have provided to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
ENDING THE AGREEMENT
- If you are a consumer we will end this agreement straight away if we find out that your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been made against you. We will also end this agreement if you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- If you are a company, we will end this agreement straight away if:
- You go into liquidation;
- You call a meeting of creditors;
- We find out that your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts;
- You do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement
- If we end the agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of this agreement. We can also claim extra costs from you if you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement. We can repossess the vehicle and charge you if we do this.
- GOVERNING LAW
This agreement is governed by the laws of the country in which it is signed. Any dispute may be settled in the courts of that country.
- It is strongly recommended that you take out your own personnel travel insurance policy as you would for any holiday to cover all eventualities as 6dentertainments does not cover this on their insurance.
6dentertainments own all their vehicles themselves, we are not an agent for private owners motorhome rental.
- All of our motorhomes are inspected bi-annually by Gas safe experts and electricians and a copy of certificates are kept both in the motorhome and in 6dLeisure Hire If you suspect or notice anything unsafe during your hire please contact 6d Leisure Hire immediately.
- Fire extinguishers, fire blankets and first aid kits are all supplied as part of your hire for health and safety. Please inform 6dLeisure Hire immediately if you notice anything wrong or faulty with any of these during your hire.
- 6d Leisure Hire shall bear no liability in respect of negligence or damage by the company to the customer’s property or vehicles if kept in our yard during hire in respect of which the customer shall claim against their insurers. In cases where a customer is hiring in the course of their business, we also do not accept liability for losses of profits, business, contracts, goodwill, expenses or other similar losses resulting from our negligence. The extent of our liability shall be limited to the price agreed to be paid by the customer for the right to use our motorhome for the period agreed.
Insurance endorsement information:
£1000 EXCESS ALL CLAIMS OTHER THAN THIRD PARTY Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed that other than in respect of Section 1 – Liability to Others – of this Insurance the Insurers shall not be liable to pay the first £1000 payable in respect of any amount not exceeding the aforementioned sum for which the Insurers make payment in respect of any such claim which may be the subject of indemnity under this insurance. The expression “claim” shall mean a claim or series of claims arising out of one cause. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance
EXCLUDES DRIVERS UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed the Insurers shall not provide cover if an insured vehicle is being driven by or for this purpose is in the charge of any person under 21 years of age. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDES DRIVERS OVER 75 YEARS OF AGE Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed the Insurers shall not provide cover if an insured vehicle is being driven by or for this purpose is in the charge of any person over 75 years of age. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDES DRIVERS WITH LESS THAN 24 MONTHS FULL UK OR EU LICENCE EXPERIENCE Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed the Insurers shall not provide cover if an insured vehicle is being driven by or for this purpose is in the charge of any person with less than 24 months driving experience since obtaining a permanent licence in the United Kingdom or EU to drive a vehicle of the same class as the Insured vehicles. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
25% CO-INSURANCE FOR THEFT OR CONVERSION INCLUDING COOKING AND HEATING Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed that in respect of Section 2 – Theft and /or conversion & cooking and heating – of this Insurance which is the subject of indemnity provided by this insurance, the Insured shall contribute any amount equivalent to 25% for each and every claim, such contribution always to be not less than the excess contained in the schedule of this document. The expression “claim” shall mean a claim or series of claims arising out of one cause. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDING OFF HIRE COVER OTHER THAN FOR NAMED DRIVERS Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed the Insurers shall not be liable in respect of any claim made under this insurance in respect of damage arising to or from the use of any vehicle which is the subject of the indemnity provided by this insurance unless at the time such damage or loss arises the insured vehicle has been let out under a signed and binding contract to any Hirer who fulfils the requirements of the attaching endorsements to this insurance unless otherwise named to and approved by Insurers. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
100% MINIMUM AND DEPOSIT PREMIUM Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed this insurance is subject to a minimum and annual deposit premium for the first 12 month period of insurance. In the event of an insured vehicle being deleted or this insurance being cancelled, the Insurers will not allow a refund if the annual premium reduces only upon receipt of proof of sale of the vehicle. Subject otherwise to the terms, expectations and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDING CASH HIRERS Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed that no liability shall attach to underwriters in the event of any hiring or letting on hire, of any motor vehicle, where such hire is paid for in cash (in part or full). It is further warranted that all hires must be paid by credit/debit card. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
ELECTRONIC TRACKING DEVICE WARRANTY IN RESPECT OF VEHICLES IN EXCESS OF £50,000 The Underwriters shall only be liable under Section 2 of this insurance for theft or attempted theft of Vehicle(s) valued in excess of £50,000 (Fifty Thousand Pounds) for any claim arising where an approved tracking device has been fitted to the Insured Vehicle(s) in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and is in active operation at all times when the Insured Vehicle is left unattended. Proof of fitting of a tracking device to the Insured Vehicle(s) will be required prior to or in the event of a claim arising under Section 2 for theft or attempted theft. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
HIRER DRIVE ENDORSEMENT This insurance covers the Insured Vehicle whilst let out on hire, subject to the following conditions: –
1) The Insured shall verify the identity and permanent address of the Hirer and any other permitted driver by means other than relying solely on the information contained in the Hirer’s or driver’s driving licence and that such person is not amongst the excluded persons enumerated below.
2) Two forms of ID shall be obtained i.e. Utility Bill (no more than 60 days old) and Driving Licence.
3) The Insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by: – a) Hirers under 21 or over 75 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer b) Hirers under 25 or over 75 years of age if vehicle is a Minibus, MPV (8 seats including driver) or 7.5 ton GVW or above. c) Hirers who have not held a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence for 2 years. d) Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded. e) Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer. f) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons. g) Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort. h) Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age. i) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years. j) Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for two years or more.
4) The insured vehicle(s) shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a hirer drive proposal (by each hirer or other permitted driver). Such proposal shall be forwarded on request to the Insurers. The proposal must be fully completed by the Hirer or other permitted driver in all respects. In addition to the usual declaration and warranty contained in the proposal, the following declaration shall appear on the proposal, namely: – “I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read”. If the statements and particulars in the proposal are in the handwriting of any person other than the Hirer or other permitted driver, such person shall be deemed to have been the Hirer’s or other permitted driver’s agent for the purpose of completing the proposal form.
5) The Insured shall be considered as the being the agent for the Hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the Insured be considered as agent for the Insurers.
6) The Insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward.
7) Any vehicle which is added to the Motor Insurance Database will be charged the appropriate premium. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance
Caravan terms and conditions.
- You must check with and/or advise your car insurance company that you intend to tow a caravan, this is because whilst the caravan is attached to your car it is covered by your car insurance policy.
- The hirer should not lend or hire the caravan to third parties.
- Any uninsured damage to the caravan (internal and external) will be charged for.
- BOOKING FEE – We require a booking fee of £200.00 to confirm the Caravan hire. In the event of cancellation we reserve the right to withhold up to the entire booking fee in the event that we can not rehire the caravan.
- PAYMENT – All hire charges (excluding a refundable excess of £200/£300 due on date of collection) must be paid six weeks in advance of hire period.
- FOREIGN TRAVEL – Caravans are hired for use in Great Britain and on the continent. If hirers wish to take the caravan abroad the booking form must be completed to this effect. Green cards, where required must be endorsed to include the caravan. It is an express condition of our continental hire that no caravan may be taken abroad by the hirer until he has produced documentary evidence of emergency breakdown assistance which must include a get you home service for the caravan
- PERIOD OF HIRE – All hire collections are from the time and date stated on your contract hire. Pick up will be at a pre arranged slot, 1pm, 2pm or 3 pm unless otherwise agreed. Earlier or later pick will be charged at half a day hire rate. All vehicles MUST be returned to our yard by 11am, unless previously agreed. It is essential that the vehicle be returned on time for the next hirer. In the event of the hire being returned late we reserve the right to withhold the excess of £200.00 and up to two weeks hire charge. Should the hirer fail to arrive at the agreed time of collection we reserve the right to rebook the Caravan and accept no liability in respect of inconvenience to or cancellation charges to other pre booked expenditure by the hirer.
- CANCELLATION OF BOOKING – If the hire is cancelled within six weeks of the date of hire commencing we reserve the right to withhold up to all of the hire charges in the event that we can not rehire the caravan. Customers are therefore advised to arrange their own holiday cancellation insurance.
- CANCELLATION BY 6d Leisure Hire – We may cancel the hiring if at the time of collection the hirer is unable to produce his current driving licence and car insurance certificate or the hirers car is not roadworthy or the tow bar and electrics are unsafe or the hirer has not complied with the conditions of foreign travel. You the hirer must ensure that you have the correct fitting for the caravan to your towbar. In the above circumstances all monies paid by the hirer will be forfeited to 6d Leisure Hire. If due to unforeseen circumstances the caravan is not available we reserve the right to substitute the vehicle or provide a full refund of the hire.
- REFUNDABLE EXCESS DEPOSIT- There will be a £200.00 excess charge for our 4 berth caravan and 3300 for our 6 berth caravan which must be deposited with us on collection of the caravan. This excess will be refunded within 7 to 10 days of the completion of hire should the caravan be returned on time and in good order i.e. clean interior and exterior, undamaged and no items missing. The toilet must be clean and empty (we will make a charge of £30.00 should the toilet not be clean and emptied). We reserve the right to deduct a charge of up to £200/£300 excess for any repair work, cleaning or missing items.
- INSURANCE – The hirer agrees to notify his insurance company that he intends to use his car for towing a caravan so that his policy will be extended to include third party cover on the caravan. The hirer is responsible for the full cost of replacement of the caravan should it be lost, stolen or damaged. The hirer is responsible for the full cost of any damage to the caravan.
- ROAD TRAFFIC ACT – It is the hirers responsibility to ensure that their driving licence covers the legislation concerning gross vehicle weights and combination limitations. We would be happy to provide further advice to limit confusion.
- DAMAGE – ACCIDENT – REPAIRS – Details of any accident or damage must be notified to 6d Leisure Hire within office hours (Mon – Sat – 8.00am – 5.00pm – Sun – 10.30am – 4.30pm) Tel: 02840669514/07775971096. The hirer must obtain the prior consent of 6d Leisure Hire before giving any instruction for the repair of the caravan. All receipts for repairs must be retained and defective parts must be available for inspection
- IDENTITY – Upon collection of the caravan we will need a copy of the hirers driving licence, two utility bills dated within the past three months (mobile phone bills are not accepted) a copy of your car insurance and if relevant the cars current MOT certificate.
PETS – we welcome your pets. We however levy a charge of £20.00 per pet, per hire to cover the additional cleaning required. Pets must be declared at booking stage and only pets that we confirm are acceptable may be taken into our caravans. Pets must never be left alone within our caravans. Any damage caused by your animals will be charged to you.
When collecting the caravan you must bring with you; a suitable and sufficient towing vehicle with a tow hitch and an additional number plate.
All of our vehicles are fully serviced and covered by Insurance & Land Lord Safety Certificates.